Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I'm In A Bit of A Funk

... and MUST shake myself loose!

(Sorry SomePinkFlowers - you must think I copied your recent post!) It's been hot and buggy and we are bracing for hurricane Hanna's arrival. In 1996, after the spanking we got from hurricane Fran, we swore we'd never be caught unawares again. We live 3 hours from the beach (5 hours from the Outer Banks), and thought "No way can this come inland to get us". Then we watched her hit the mouth of the Cape Fear River and she followed that inland, right to us. We should have put jam in our pockets, 'cuz we were gonna be toast!

Anyway, it's time to stock up on the dog's medicines and special food, batteries, and some cookies (I hope) to get us through, should Hanna do what the weather guys predict.

Thinking about this all makes me tired. My brain is as slow as this fella I found snacking in our compost bin:



~

I get in these moods and want to listen to moody music too.


~


To perk myself up, I tried getting in touch with my Inner Tween and gave myself a pedicure. I'm not sure I'm sold on the blue polish, though. OR the flower and rhinestone decals!




~

Mostly I'm having trouble thinking clearly. Spending so much time snuggling up with Pooch has frizzled my brain. This is the way he likes me best: on the sofa with his head and paws on some part of me.



If I don't comply, he follows me around the house, whining and crying. And jumping up to hit me in the back of the knees. Thanks to his illness, his brain is fried and he has terrible separation anxiety.

~

I really should be in the studio coming up with new sparklies to sell in my store...





...but work time is hard to come by these days. Marble Man did takes lots of naps over this long weekend and I snuck into my workplace to make gift bags and earrings. Having time to myself put me in a selfish frame of mind, and I crave more. Maybe after the deluge this weekend, if we are not afloat (or airborne), I will slip away and steal some quality "me time".

7 comments:

Terri Pezzullo - Handmade said...

I hope Hanna isn't to hard on you! I love the turtle we have 2 that come up to my garden every June and lay eggs.

Kathryn Costa said...

Oh my. Try to be kind to yourself during the funks. I think it is great that you painted your toes a wild blue color and snuggled with your adorable furry pal.

I just had my nightly chat with Mr. Wonderful in Raleigh and heard about the plans for the upcoming storm. Best of luck with it!

My plans to head that way have been put on hold. It is just a matter of timing. I was sad at first but now I am relieved. I love NC and will be there before you know it on a regular basis.

For now, I'm trying to love where I am at {believe me this can be challenging} and I've perked up by journaling. This is my new drug of choice.

I will be meeting with a creativity coach next week and can't wait to see what insights she may have. I'm currently designing a new career for myself and right now, I'm having a blast!

More updates to come. Try my quick and easy "instant gratification exercise" to perk you up and get those creative juices flowing. It doesn't require any special tools or supplies.

{hugs} Kathryn

3rdEyeMuse said...

I love that song - at least you've got good taste in moody music ... that alone should make you grin a little. :) sorry bout Fran. we got lot's of rain, but had nice breaks of sunshine in between. Plus, we needed the water to come.

thanks, too, for your good wishes for Marilyn. I know that she'll aprecuate the support.

rochambeau said...

Hope all is well Shibori girl. Heck with blue toe polish you could rule the world! I like your new banner. Your blog looks nice.
I wish you happyhappy.
xox
Constance

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

I love your inner tween toes!! And Peter Gabriel too!!

Yes, stay safe, stock up on all your necessities,cookies being the main one, hey now I want a cookie ;) And, hope all turns out okay with the hurricane!! Hugs, V

Kelly said...

I think you should stay in touch with your inner tween. I like that attitude!

I'm in a bit of funk too so it's nice to be able to read your blog and know I'm not the only one!

I also wanted to know that I nominated you for a Brillant Blogger Award. I do so enjoy your blog.

Have a wonderful day, my friend!

somepinkflowers said...

{{ i have been trying
to leave a post
but ``feeder bands``
from
storm hanna
are making it impossible }}

:-0


hope you stay dry
up there...

me?
i am worrying about the Next One---> ike.
at cat 3 and heading this way
i am sending out my best prayers
and thoughts.

hanna, not too bad;
ike, not so sure!

have never done blue toes
as i am all about having somepinkflowers toes
myself
but blue is good,
yes,
blue is very good
as it goes with most storms

:-)

off to store
to stock~up on chocolate
for the next few days.

{{ a word to the wise,
missy----> chocolate }}