Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fun and Fantasy

OK, I've mentioned in past posts that I'm a nut for Dancing With The Stars on ABC. I've even managed to turn Marble Man into a fan - during early seasons he said he'd "rather stab needles in his eyes than watch that crap", but a couple of seasons ago he'd start whistling the theme music on Sunday nights in anticipation of Monday's show. Now we watch and trash the judges when we disagree with the scores.

Last night's live episode didn't disappoint. They decided to shake things up a bit and have the dancers do Latin numbers with a "decade" theme: pop singer Mya and Dimitri did a Samba from the '70's with plenty of raunchy disco thrown in. They received the first perfect score of this season after performing this:



But my absolute favorite of the night was swimsuit model Joanna Krupa and Derek Hough's "futuristic" Paso Doble. Oh...My...God! It was so much fun.



While the Paso is my least favorite of the Latin dances, with it's strident in-your-face beat and aggression, this one knocked my socks off clear across the room... so inventive and fun. I hope you enjoyed it too.

4 comments:

Snap said...

Toe tapping! :D

lori vliegen said...

i love to watch "dancing with the stars" too (i just detest all of the commercials!!) and i think that even my little dutch boy would watch it if mya wore that little pink number ever week....wowza!! :))

Faded Plains said...

That was fun...a new twist on the Paso Doble.

Fete et Fleur said...

I loved the paso!

Nancy