Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Th-th-th-that's All Folks!

The craft show I've been preparing for madly is over and done. Turnout was light, as were sales. I think the problem was two-pronged: 1) the economy is still pretty shaky, and 2) I focused on having a high-end product at a low-end show. My clay work received a lot of attention and admiration, but I only sold three very small pieces. Most sales were earrings I'd marked down to bargain bin prices and small necklaces under $30. Lesson learned.

My booth helper on Sunday was friend and mentor, Lorin Fields. My association with her over the past 10 years has been an adventure. She was the person who taught me to dye fabric, and she was instrumental in gearing me up to work craft shows.

This weekend she talked me into applying to the Piedmont Craftsmen Show in Winston-Salem, NC for next year. It's only 80 miles from home, and it's 12 months away, which gives me LOTS of time to work out a full 10x10 foot booth setup and make up some more show pieces. Yes, I decided to put this beauty up for sale.



In the meantime, I've got lots of leftover stock to fill up my shop, so stay tuned for upcoming listings. Note: free shipping in the US and Canada until December 15! (shipping fees will be refunded through paypal after purchase).

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

copyright 2010 Shibori Girl

6 comments:

Snap said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

The necklace is simply stunning ... too beautiful for words!

Perlenzauberin said...

This necklace is BEAUTIFUL! Ich bin ganz hin und weg ..... TRĂ„UM ....

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

I totally agree...Stunning! You have amazing talent. Happy Thanksgiving, Connie

Createology said...

Your work is exquisite. May you have a warm and plentiful Thanksgiving...

Christie Minchew said...

Rotten bummer about the show. I'm sure you'd rather have cash over wisdom, but at least you got some great and successful practice on how to display your work...and now you have a great inventory for any other shows that come up soon. The latest necklace really is a beauty! I think you need to tell your mom and her friends to go on a roadtrip to NC!!

Anna Yrsa Jaroszewicz said...

Fantastic:-)))