Tuesday, December 23, 2008

TKO - I'm Down For The Count...



The rest of my Bakathon is on hold as I muddle through my annual Christmas Cold. If it's Christmas, Kate gets a bug - set your calendars by it folks. And this one's a Doozie: total head involvement with ears and chest next up on the tour. Earaches are the worst - enough to make me cry like a big old baby. Meanwhile, my head is so stuffed I wish it would just roll off my neck and be done with it.

I'm heading out to the doctor's office in a couple hours to see what's what. It sure FEELS like I could use a nice dose of antibiotics. He could pull out his biggest, dullest needle, and I'd weep with gratidtude if it makes me feel better faster.

While I wait to get better, Marble Man took time off from work to take care of me. What a sweetie. I've had some tea laced with honey, lemon and a healthy slug of bourbon; lovely Nyquil-induced naps; chicken soup with matzoh balls; and quiet time to read this, and this. Every once in a while, I cough so hard I hack up a lung, but no worries: I just stuff it back down again.

Have a lovely Christmas everyone, and I hope I get to enjoy it soon...

~~~

Update: The good doctor proclaimed "You'll live", then gave me an antibiotic prescription in case I spike a fever over the holiday. In the meantime, I just have to wait it out. Or as Marble Man so often says: "Just rub some dirt on it and walk it off!".

Toddling off to make some bourbonated tea now...

11 comments:

Kathryn Costa said...

Marble man is a sweetie to take care of you. I hope you feel better, very, very soon!

I'm sending you warm hugs.
xoxo k

T.Allen said...

Your lung, my cerebral cortex-what ever will the blogosphere become?!

Feel better and easy on the Nyquil-that stuff kills brain cells...I'm telling you, I'm still in a bit of haze! (Holiday hugs from a safe and quarantined distance)

lori vliegen said...

i'm so sorry that you're not feeling well....but, at least you still have your fabulous sense of humor (or is that the nyquil kicking in?). try to get plenty of rest, enjoy your books and keep drinking that special blend of tea that marble man is treating you to!

i hope you feel better soon, Kate.
Merry Christmas! :)

Kathryn Costa said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I have a present for you on my blog. Swing by when you get a moment.

{soul hugs}
k

3rdEyeMuse said...

wishing you a speedy recovery & offering a big thank you for sounding in on my out-of-the-norm holiday non-ness ... would you believe that I actually wrote a list this morning?!?

*giggles like a five year old*

happy, happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Hoping you are feeling better.

~ Gabriela ~

High Desert Diva said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

At least you've had time to read! I've read those books, too. Have you read Roberts' J.D. Robb series?

Terri Pezzullo - Handmade said...

Hi Kate, I hope you had a great Christomas and that your feeling better. Happy New Year!

Terri

somepinkflowers said...

just checking in
to say---->
hope you're feel betta!

:-)

{{ what did you put in your tea?
THAT
is what i though you said....}}

Karen Cole said...

Feel better soon, Kate!!! In the meantime, enjoy that little bit of "down" time.

Happy and a HEALTHY, to you and yours!

xo K

rochambeau said...

Hope you are feeling better today Kate! And that you are having happy holidays anyway! Many friends recently have recommended Musenex (sp). Have you heard of it?

Wishing you a very happy, healthy and prosperous 2009!
xox
Constance