Monday, January 30, 2006

So How's That Doodling Going?


For the past two weeks I have been "noodling with my doodling", as promised in my last post! I haven't started sketching my new clothing ideas yet, as I first thought. I wanted to see how rusty my drawing skills are after a 20 year hiatus. After the first two test drawings, I can safely say... I've still got it! Whew, what a relief. Since it took me several years of drawing lessons to build the skill, I really didn't want to have to start all over again. I've posted the two best sketches right here. Now that I remember how much fun sketching can be, you can bet I'll be making time to do it a bit each week. I let it go because there just weren't enough hours in the day to fit in all I wanted to do. Sketching kind of got lost at the side of the road, so to speak.

Since I know my hand can draw what my eyes see, I'll start actually doing work this week. What will that be like, I wonder? I've had such a long break that I can't think of where to begin! I guess, I'll jump feet first into the middle of some project and work my way out. I still have to limit the time I spend at any task, so I'll start with itty bitty baby steps, and see where they take me.

After my shows last Fall, I am REALLY low on my shibori scarves. Making more will be priority one. I have several of the components dyed already, I just have to sit down and match complementary pieces together and stitch 'em up. Add beads at the corners for tassels and weight, and voila, glorious art is ready for the wearing. I'll post some pix when they are done. Meanwhile, if you just can't wait to see some examples, you can visit my website at kate-tracton-designs.com.

Time to go walk the dog...

Shibori Girl

No comments: