Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's Showtime!

I just learned I'll be participating in the United Church of Chapel Hill's annual Alternative Gift Market again this year. I did this show last year and had a wonderful time. The show is very short, just seven hours in a weekend, and a portion of the participants' income is collected for the church's designated charity for the year.

To prep for this year's event, I'm polishing up my displays and finishing up new work that's been in various stages of completion for a while. New this year are a variety of inexpensive necklaces - beaded charms strung on leather cords and priced at $32.50 and under.


Peyote stitched tube with beaded dangle $25.00
~


Peyote stitched panel with acrylic flower bead $27.50
~


Peyote stitched panels with crystal dangle $32.50
~


Peyote stitched tube with fringe $28.50

I'm hoping these new pieces will appeal to a wider audience. The only thing left for me to do with them is come up with an attractive way to package them. Oh, I do love a challenge!
~
Now to work on some bracelets


Tubular peyote stitched twisted bracelet $182.00

I've ordered a mess of supplies for some fun and fanciful earrings... pictures to come soon.

14 comments:

Enzie Shahmiri said...

i am sure they will be a great hit!

T.Allen said...

Of course the bracelet made me sigh loudly; such beautiful work Kate. Well, have fun planning-isn't that the best part?

shibori girl said...

Yes, I DO love the planning - overworking details, making sure all my duckies are lined up...

Then the show goes off without a hitch.

Snap said...

Kate, These are all gorgeous! They are a hit with me! Have fun at the show and much success!

Christie Minchew said...

The charms are a great idea! And they look wonderful. Way to Go! And good luck getting ready (you never told me you had duckies...:))

lori vliegen said...

here's hoping that everyone looking for a gorgeous pendant will be in your area during the show....they certainly will have a lot of beautiful bobbles to choose from!!! and kate, looking at your magnificent bracelet is one of those hand-on-your-chest-take-my-breath-away moments (actually, hand on MY chest, not yours!!).

hugs,
:)))

gypsy moon designs said...

Kate they are all beautiful!
Best of luck!

Fete et Fleur said...

I adore your beautiful jewelry, Kate! Your new beaded necklaces are great and I think they will give you the appeal you need for the wider audience.

I would love to see how you package them.

Hugs!
Nancy

Gabriela said...

Hello Kate,


Love these designs, the colours are fabulous!


~ Gabriela ~

SewWhatsNew said...

Well done! (very Aussie comment). Have fun at the show and take your notepad for the many orders.Cissa

Faded Plains said...

Your pendant bead necklaces are so cute!

rochambeau said...

What beautiful work Kate! The bracelet is amazing in every sense of the word. The colors, the texture, the simple elegance.
Hope your show was a big success!!!

xox
Constance

Happy Halloween!!!

LW said...

Very pretty jewelry …
Wonderful colors…
I really love that twisted bracelet.
It is so beautiful.

Good luck with your show!

Louise

Rhonda Roo said...

Thats so cool of you Kate! We have an Alternative Christmas here too-but I dont think there are any Kate originals there. :-) Love the pieces, and what a good price!

Gorgeous as usual, Ms. Lovely, and ohhhh that twisty bracelet is IT!

Er um, and if you are totally into planning, I'll be glad to send you my list of peeps for whom christmas presents must be bought...cards sent...etc...
:-)