Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fall is in the Air

The days are getting shorter, the sun is lower in the sky, and squash is in season at the Farmer's Market.

I roasted a funky looking squash (can't remember the name... sorry) - the farmer told me it would be a good pumpkin-like flavor. It is. To mark the onset of Fall, I made pumpkin pancakes this morning.



What a fabulous recipe! You can find the recipe at my cooking blog.
~~~
In other news, I'm slated to participate in our local church's Alternative Gift Market again this Thanksgiving (I'll be the one with all the jewelry! :) . I'm SO looking forward to this event. People come ready to buy, as the proceeds go to charity, and I really enjoy representing my work personally to the customers. I'll post more about it as we get closer. The dates are November 20-21, if you happen to be in the Chapel Hill-Durham-Raleigh area.


copyright 2010 Shibori Girl

3 comments:

Snap said...

Yummy!

Robin said...

Those look delicious, I'm going to try them too!

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Muffin Recipes said...

Great blog yyou have here