Tuesday, July 05, 2011

The Blogosphere is a small place

Last week Marble Man and I proved the Blogosphere can be a very small place when we met fellow blogger, Gabriela Delworth, in Toronto. Here we are hanging out with Alexander in her part of Toronto, Greektown.



We were in Toronto for a family wedding. When I heard where we would be going, I immediately thought of Gabriela and contacted her to see if she'd be interested in meeting IRL. We emailed back and forth for months as plans solidified. We finally settled on a plan: she would pick us up to take us to Greektown for lunch and a walking tour.



It was a hot day (by Toronto's standards anyway), so a visit to Dolce for some gelato seemed in order. It was worth every single calorie. "Mmm, Mmmm... GOOD!"



Gabriela is as lively and colorful as her blog. We talked, and laughed, then talked some more. Before we knew it, it was late afternoon and time to go home. I hope someday we will return to Toronto; I'd love to swing by the Harbourfront Center to take one of the classes she teaches there.

I hope you'll stop by Gabriela's blog for a visit. It's full of craft ideas, color, and marketing wisdom. Thanks Gabriela!


copyright 2011 Shibori Girl

7 comments:

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

Hello Kate,

Yes! I had a blast as well and hope to see you soon in Toronto!


~ Gabriela ~

rochambeau said...

Great that you two creative souls could connect in real life!! Also, that you could visit Toronto. It's such a vibrant city, don't you think?!!


xox
Constance

Snap said...

What fun!

(Had to let you know ... you know I follow you. When I click on Shibori Girl on my Dashboard I get the wordpress Shibori Girl!!!!! I knew blogger was *ill*, but come on guys ... the addresses are different!) !!!!!!!!

Fete et Fleur said...

What fun you had!! Kindred hearts meeting . . . what could be better than that?!

Glad you had a wonderful time.

Hugs!
Nancy

SewWhatsNew said...

Glad to hear that you had such a great time on your vacation. Hope to see you soon back home.

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

What a smart thing to do! Please let me know if you are ever in Minneapolis!

Firewoks said...

Lovely post, thanks for posting