Saturday, August 16, 2008

Beads Coming Together Beautifully

I've been having fun this weekend. Marble Man made sure I got some quality studio time today and look what my muse has inspired!

Gold yellow petal beads are tinged with a hint of blue and green






~
Swarovski crystal teardrops in a gorgeous sky blue




~

Pink glass petal beads surround tangerine Czech fire-polished crystals






These are so much fun to make that I'm going to make lots more.

~~~

On another note, I've gotta get moving! I just learned I'll have a space at a Church charity sale in town during November. I'm not sure how big the space is, but I do know they are providing me with one table. So, some creative thinking is in order to come up with a good way to display jewelry. I've been told I can use a few of my 2' x 6' grid panel to make a standing screen. And at a yard sale today, Marble Man found the greatest framed mirror! I removed the mirror, will paint the wood frame a nice burnished gold color, and then fill the frame with a velvet-covered board for pinning up earrings.

I'll keep you posted on booth design progress. And if any of you have suggestions: please pass them along - don't keep 'em to yourself!

Thanks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Theses are really really gorgeous! I cant decide whether I like the blue or green ones more..they're all so elegant and fresh. I'd love to see on in lavender. Lovely :)
Congrats on your show in November. I've always liked jewelry displayed in shadow boxes but if you're looking for something outside the box, so to speak, go to Flickr.com and type in jewelry displays and maybe you'll find some ideas!

3rdEyeMuse said...

those designs are stunning! :)

questions: is the event indoors or outdoors? will you have space for any standing items (like a doll form) or hanging space (a wall)?

I love the idea of the framed black velvet board for hanging earrings - I'm sure it will look very pretty.

somepinkflowers said...

your earring as so delicate
and beautiful.

:-)


however do you work in such small detail?

my eyes do cross
when i try...
seriously.


i do not know how
you do it.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those are so pretty, Kate. I like how delicately the leaves dangle off the flowers.
Let's see.....display stuff. I do larger art, so I've done the big pop-up EZ Up Tent. However, that is a pain in the rear if you are not going to be doing big traveling shows. A friend of mine has a jewelry busines---Natalie at Ornamental Things. Just Google her. I think she might have some photos of a trade show she did a while back. I don't know if those photos are still up or not, but you might give it a try. She has some lovely displays for her jewelry. GOod luck! It's hard to get all this organized when you get started, but it's exciting, too.

Anonymous said...

I just love your new earrings! The pink ones are my favorites!!

Hmm..well I 've done the farmers market and I basically have matched all my biz cards, table cloth, signs, candles etc to the black and white and damask theme, and because that stands out so well, I usually put my earrings straight on the table, and then bracelets and necklaces on stands. I think it is fairly appealling, and inexpensive! But good luck!!

Anonymous said...

So delicate and so beautiful are your new creations Kate. They exude your special touch!
Congrats on having a show to work towards. That is great!

xox
Constanc

Rock and Fossil Depot said...

Your jewelry is so beautiful!