Tuesday, February 09, 2010

"Destashing" My Studio

The past several days were devoted to inventory for income tax preparation. Yup... it's that time again... counting beads, buttons, and every li'l thang sitting in boxes, drawers, and on shelves. God, I really hate this time of year.



The good thing about it is: I resent counting this stuff so much that I'd rather put some of the older supplies up for sale than face counting them again next year. I aired out my Etsy bead shop, swept out the virtual dust, and listed some wonderful stuff for anyone who wants it.



Before I injured my hand, I created wearable art clothing: blouses, jackets, and coats, especially. No matter where I traveled, I stopped in fabric stores to check out button selections. I LOVE buttons.



I don't sew anymore, and it's a shame that these treasures are languishing in boxes when they could be used and enjoyed.



I'll be adding some more beads and buttons in the days to come. If you are a sewer, or knitter, why not check them out?


copyright 2010 Shibori Girl

2 comments:

Fete et Fleur said...

Lovely buttons, Kate! The spring cleaning bug has hit here at my home. I've been cleaning, sorting and destashing etc!

Hugs!
Nancy

Unknown said...

well I think I shall...check it out thank you very much!

x...x