Monday, April 13, 2009

Finding Inspiration Wherever I Look

Last week was a busy one for me. Stocking my new Etsy "destash" shop meant sorting through all the little baggies of beads in the studio, during which I found some beauties languishing in a drawer. It seemed a shame that I haven't used them before now, so I made a concerted effort to do just that.



Along with my resolve to use some stuff up, came an improvement in the weather: sunshine, temps in the high 70's, and balmy breezes. What do all those add up to? Flip flop weather - my favorite time of year!! Monday I took a page from Vanessa's book and grabbed the camera before going outside. Everywhere in the yard beautiful flowers craned their heads toward the warm sun.



It was so gorgeous out, I just had to dance like an idiot and sing this. I took off my shoes to wiggle my freshly painted piggies in the cool grass (gotta have painted toes for flip flop season, right?)...



...as I set about sniffing flowers.









Now that I'd allowed my Inner Crazy Person to come out and play, it was time to buckle down to Production Mode. Many of my beads are acrylic flowers so it felt right to segue from my outdoor wanderings to make Spring and Summer earrings.






~
More gorgeous beads I've been hanging onto:



All of these new earrings should be listed in my Etsy shop by the end of this week. Stay tuned!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful...the flowers, the earrings, and just LOOK at those cute pants! Happy Spring!

3rdEyeMuse said...

wow! LOVE those jeans, the gorgeous flowers (especially the shot second down from the piggies) AND the gorgeous new earrings ... keep on enjoying that weather! :)

Gabriela said...

Hello Kate,

Love your jewelry pieces, they will be gone in no time!
And thanks for the refreshing photos of flowers.
Still too early for them here...:o(


~ Gabriela ~

Snap said...

Seems like everyone noticed your jeans! Too cute! I'm getting into the habit of carrying a camera around and try to make sure there is one downstairs ... large doors/windows out into the back garden where the bird bath is. I've missed too many birds coming for a bath. Love the new earrings. Photos of the flowers are great! I do believe Spring is here!

Faded Plains said...

Your floral earrings are so cute!

T.Allen said...

I don't leave home often, but when I do I always bring my camera. I find having it gives me reason to notice the beauty around me.

Great photos and I love your Spring earring designs!

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

Kate,

Nice post, lovely photos.

Thanks for stopping by and asking how I was doing. It was a well-timed, friendly gesture that was much appreciated!

lori vliegen said...

you are TOO funny with your painted piggies and happy spring song (those bluebirds can really whistle!). your earrings are gorgeous...that last pair would look great in my ears...

enjoy your flip-flop weather! :)

Enzie at World Market Portraits said...

Kate I am in love with your delicate looking earrings. I can't even say which is my favorite, they are all lovely!

Christine said...

Your earrings are so perfect for Spring~just beautiful! And good for you taking your camera with you and getting shots of you natural surroundings even you feet..hehe!
Thanks for the advice on photographing kids...it was so obvious you think I would have come up with that on my own!

rochambeau said...

Good for you for destashing Kate and making such a beautiful collection!

Your garden and your toe nails are looking beautiful.

Happy Flipflops to you!

xox
Constance

somepinkflowers said...

ohohoohoh
and
will you just

*LOOK*
at those
jeans!

:-)

{{ you just cannot help
but
be creative, missy }}

a fanciful twist said...

Gooooodie goodiiieee, the garden is lovely lovely lovely!

Now, you must always have your camera with you. I consider myself a life tourist. Now i just need a tropical shirt and matching sun visor and I am set for life I tell ya ;) xoxo

ps: Those Jewels!!!!yummmms!