Thursday, April 30, 2009

Feeling So Much Better Now

Thanks to sofa snuggles with Pooch (and a huge ice pack), large doses of ibuprofen, and physical therapy exercises, I am pleased to update my last post. I am feeling pretty good. My back has settled down and only hurts if I stand for a while. And, thanks to my vigilant food journaling, I've lost 2.5 pounds. That's a really good start.

I'm planning to start walking again on Saturday - just a 10 minute stroll. There's no hurry to get back in shape, and rushing it will just land me flat on my back again. So, 10 minutes a day will do just fine for now.

Thanks to all of you who left notes of encouragement - they helped a lot.

I'll be back on Sunday with a new What's Cooking post. Have a great weekend...

8 comments:

Metamor4sis.com said...

So sad to hear you were unwell.
So glad to hear you are better now.
May you be fully recovered soon!

lori vliegen said...

wow! 2.5 pounds lost while you were snuggling on the couch with pooch (and watching your diet and food logging, of course!)...congratulations!! i'm so proud of you, kate...losing weight ain't easy, especially when you're doctoring an ailing back at the same time! WOO HOO for you! you inspire me! :)

Snap said...

My achy back sends your achy back lots of healing thoughts! Way to go with the 2.5 pounds! Do you have any extra will power? !!!

Isabel said...

Glad to know you are feeling better and the diet is working.
Be gentle with yourself and be careful with your back.

xox
Isabel

Unknown said...

So glad you are feeling better!! Great job on your 2.5 lbs gone!! And South Beach and WW... great combo! I did WW (and used some FANTASTIC South Beach recipes while doing it) after having my babies... I lost 13 lbs after baby #1, and with baby #2, I went from a 16 to a 6. It seems to hard to lose weight at times, but man, is it worth it! I feel so healthy now! Well, when I'm not binging on the last of the Easter candy...

Unknown said...

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon! I am so happy for you on the weight loss.. I am still battling mine! I think a cup of good hot soup will also help ease the pain! Take care and get well soon!

http://be-a-glitzer.blogspot.com/

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

Glad the back is feeling better! And ditto with congratulations on the weight loss. You are on your way!!

3rdEyeMuse said...

three cheers for Kate!!