Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bangles And Jangles

Going on now:

Store-wide sale at Etsy.com! Everything is 20% off from now until May 31st. My birthday is this next week and I want to celebrate with everyone.
~
Somehow, between bloggy visits, Facebook, and twitter, I managed to eek out some beading time this week. After realizing I only had 4 bracelets in stock, I went a little nuts and now have many more available. I tried to have a nice price range, but found myself caught up in wire-wrapping. The resulting pieces are gorgeous, but labor-intesive. (I just love the sound they make as the beads jangle against each other.) These charm bracelets are a fabulous way to use up odd lots of beads left over from previous projects:





~



Once I realized I went overboard on the previous three pieces, I concentrated on simplicity and these two are the result of that effort:

Flower jade and rose quartz


~
Carved red stone beads and mother-of-pearl



I plan to have these listed sometime this weekend.
~
In other news: I just had one of my shibori scarves with a functional pocket listed in an Etsy treasury. Whoot! It feels great to be recognized by peers.


~
As well as all the other stuff I was caught up in this week, I opened another online store at Zibbet.com. It's a new site, still in it's Beta stage, and it's just different enough from Etsy to be a challenge. I'll be stocking it slowly, as time management is turning out to be my nemesis!

Now that all the week's wire-wrapping has angered my ever-present tennis elbow, I'll have more time to spend in Blogland... so put on a pot of coffee, 'cuz here I come! It's been too long between visits and I have a lot of catching up to do...

6 comments:

Snap said...

Wow, Kate! I'd have tennis elbow, too. The bracelets are just beautiful. I love the green.

lori vliegen said...

well, you know that i just love all of your jewelry designs, but i'm especially crazy for those dangly bracelets!! so girly, so dangly! like you, i love the sound that the beads make when they clink together. i used to love wearing my charm bracelet as a kid...i drove my mom crazy clinking those charms together all the time!! :)

good luck with your zibbet store...i wasn't familiar with it, but it looks great!

hugs :)

3rdEyeMuse said...

Kate, all the pices are amazing, but I have to say that Le Jardin really gets to me. :)

rochambeau said...

Hi Kate,
I Adore your Forest Charm Bracelet! And the Jardin bracelets too!

SO happy your work was recognized on Zibbits.com!! You deserve it!

Hope your elbow fells better. It took some time, but mine did heal!

Happy Saturday!
xox
Constance

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

Congratulations on the treasury! Your work certainly deserves recognition. I love the "jardin" bracelets.....beautiful. I will go check them out in the shop soon....

Unknown said...

Your bracelets are lovely! I especially love the ones in the top 3 photos! SO pretty.